Motorola to Expand Maroc Telecom Infrastructure
Motorola has signed a $47 million deal to expand the infrastructure of Maroc Telecom, the Moroccan GSM mobile services operator, reported the Gulf News.
The contract was awarded to Motorola division Global Telecom Solutions Sector (GTSS). The deal is also an extension of the company's arrangements with Maroc Telecom as a base station supplier for the GSM network.
"Our business partnership is continuing strongly into the future. It is indicative of the growing demand for wireless services throughout the Middle East and Africa, as the number of contract wins by Motorola in the region illustrates," said Jeff Cherif, MEA general manager at the company's telecom carrier solutions group.
"This trend is expected to continue as network operators prepare for entry into GPRS services and solutions for their customers," he added.
Motorola's turnkey solutions for Maroc cover site acquisition, installation, integration and network optimization, said the paper - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Motorola, Maroc Telecom Sign $47m Contract to Supply GSM Network Infrastructure
- Motorola Wins Kuwaiti Contract to Expand GSM Network
- Oman Awards Two Contracts to Expand Telecommunications
- Motorola Wins $29m Contract Wireless Network Expansion Project in Jordan
- Motorola Receives US$90 Million GSM Contract from BSNL