Mubarak, Germany’s FM to Discuss Palestinian Crisis Friday in Berlin
German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer will hold talks Friday with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to discuss the deteriorating situation in the Palestinian territories, said reports.
The two leaders will meet in Baden-Baden in southwestern Germany where Mubarak arrived on Tuesday for a short unofficial visit, the German foreign ministry said in a statement cited by the Egyptian press.
Mubarak arrived in Berlin coming from Rome where he held talks with Italian officials on the Palestinian crisis.
He stressed the necessity of sending international observers to the occupied Palestinian lands to ensue the implementation of the Mitchell report.
In another related development, Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Maher, currently in Rome, said Thursday that Italy has expressed its willingness to participate in the proposed international forces, according to Al Gumhouriyyah newspaper.
Maher’s remarks came during a meeting with his Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, said the paper.
Maher arrived in Rome, coming from Paris where he held similar talks with French officials – Albawaba.com
- Mubarak to Visit Italy, Germany on Palestinian Crisis
- Russian FM Igor Ivanov Discusses Middle East with UN's Kofi Annan
- Press: German FM Fischer Probed for Perjury
- Germany Ready for Military Risks, not ‘Adventures,' Wants Global Anti-Terror Plan
- Egypt: Five more Muslim Brotherhood members arrested as Mubarak prepares for Europe tour