Mubarak has ''successful'' back operation
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak had "successful" back opwration in Germany on Saturday and has been moved into the recovery room, state television reported.
"The president was moved into the operation room then the operation was completed and the surgery ended successfully thank God," Egypt's Health Minister Mohamed Awad Afifi Tag el-Din told Channel One on Saturday.
The German expert treating the Egyptian leader said that the physiotherapy Mubarak had been undergoing for a slipped disc had not relieved the pain as quickly as he had expected, so he had advised Mubarak to have an operation.
"This morning we told the president about this and that he should have an operation, and he agreed immediately," said Heinz-Michael Mayer.
"President Mubarak...is in a very good state and...tomorrow morning we expected he will be able to move out of bed and in the next few days he should be able to walk," said Mayer. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Morsi 'just Mubarak with a beard,' says Egyptian activist
- German experts to check Mubarak health
- Looking back, Faten Hamama says stardom has its ups and downs
- Mubarak to have operation for slipped disc in Germany
- A star in his own right! Amr Waked talks international success and making millions of dollars!