Mubarak to Review Modernization Plans
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will hold a ministerial meeting soon to review the nation's modernization plans as part of an association agreement with the European Union, said Information Minister Safwat Al Sharif on Saturday.
Attending the upcoming meeting will be Prime Minister Atef Ebeid and 15 government ministers, added Sharif, quoted by the Egyptian Gazette.
He was speaking after a cabinet meeting that tackled presidential instructions to develop different production, administrative and service sectors, said the paper.
Egypt and the EU earlier this year initialed the long-negotiated pact. Egypt hopes the agreement will give its products greater access to European markets – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Mubarak, Cabinet to Review European-Egyptian Partnership Agreement
- Mubarak to review modernization plans
- Minister reviews power sector for 2000, plans for 2001
- gems seeks independent review into KHDA, as new Modern High campus opens today
- Muslim preacher Amr Khaled shares plans for Egypt's future in AUC's Cairo Review for Global Affairs