MUSANADA identifies EMCOR Facilities Services as a long-term strategic service provider
MUSANADA, the Abu Dhabi General Services company established by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan in 2007 to support the Emirate's public sector institutions, has identified EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), a leading regional provider of facilities services and property management solutions, as a strategic service provider in supporting a prestigious governmental project.
EMCOR was awarded a 650 mosques maintenance project worth AED 62 million for a period of three years. The contract covers the Al Ain region with the overall area falling approximately 30km short of Fort Hatta.
EFS's responsibilities will include management and servicing of the mosques' Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) equipment, and managing and repairing ancillary work associated with the mosques' building fabric.
The contract requires the skills of over 100 tradesmen as well as support staff and functions and will commence on August 1, 2010.EMCOR was recognized for this project for its reputable international proficiency and exceptional local experience in managing and overseeing ongoing facilities operations. An official representative at MUSANADA said: "We seek to partner with customer-oriented organisations that are experienced in the GCC region and have displayed strong commitment to health & safety initiatives."
Speaking of the win, EMCOR's UAE Managing Director, Richard Burl said: "Our solid international knowledge, local experience, highly skilled teams and workforce are what gave EFS the functionality and mobility to begin work in just a few weeks. We are honoured to have been awarded this project and look forward to working with MUSANDA."
At present, EFS delivers multi-discipline services to 600 projects across the region valued at AED 1 billion through its regional offices
Major projects undertaken by EFS include King Abdullah University for Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia; Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) Community in Dubai, UAE; and the Bahrain Financial Harbour.
- EMCOR Facilities Services (Bahrain) W.L.L launches full-fledged operations
- MAF Dalkia Awarded Maintenance Contract For 412 Mosques In Abu Dhabi And Baniyas Region For Three Years
- EMCOR Facilities Services Group Ltd to advance FM talent in facilities management with International College of Engineering & Management in Oman
- Drake & Scull International bags AED 26 million contract for Amarante El Nile Hotel project in Egyptian capital
- Drake & Scull International signs KD 2.35 million contract with Kuwait’s State Audit Bureau