Musharraf says no change towards Israel
Pakistan's President General Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz Saturday said there is no change in the country's position towards Israel. According to APP, Musharraf said Pakistan will not recognize Israel until the establishment of an independent Palestinian State.
He said that the process of engaging with other faiths is in line with the teachings of Islam and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet. "Islam is a religion of peace and it has lived in peace and harmony with other faiths for centuries and can do so in the future as well."
- Despite presidential statements Pakistan not expected to recognize Israel
- Israel welcomes idea to establish diplomatic relations with Pakistan
- Pakistani President ready to visit in Israel
- Pakistani President links ties with Israel to creation of Palestinian state
- Pakistan\'s Military Ruler to Visit Syria