Muslim Youth World Assembly promotes knowledge in Uganda
The World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY) recently held the second course for imams and other knowledge-seekers in the eastern town of Jinja in Uganda.
In a statement to the press, the assistant secretary general of WAMY, Dr. Abdulwahab Noor Wali said that the course was intended to upgrade the knowledge and capabilities of the imams as well as other participants, with the aim of improving their performance.
125 participants of prominent scholars, religious personalities attended this course, he added, according to SPA news agency.
"The course came as part of the comprehensive educational and orientation program implemented by WAMY for the benefit of Ugandan youths," he said. (Albawaba.com)
- World Assembly of Muslim Youth funds mosque project in Iraq
- World Assembly of Muslim Youth urges Muslims to help Sudanese people
- World Assembly Muslim Youth Head dies in Saudi car crash
- World Assembly of Muslim Youth outlines vital role of youth in growth of global Muslim community at 2nd Mecca forum
- Makkah region governor inaugurates charitable ceremony