Nasrallah discusses Beirut bombings with Iranian official
Hezbollah Chief Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah discussed Thursday with Iranian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hussein Amir Abdel Lahyan, the recent deadly attack against the Islamic republic’s embassy in Beirut.
According to Hezbollah’s office, Nasrallah and Abdel Lahyan discussed recent developments in the region and the suicide bombings that targeted the Iranian Embassy.
Iran’s Ambassador to Lebanon Ghazanfar Ruknabadi attended the meeting along with the visiting official’s delegation.
Twin suicide bombings targeted the Iranian embassy Tuesday, killing 25 people including an Iranian diplomat and wounded over 150.
An al-Qaeda-affiliated group, the Abdullah Azzam Brigade, claimed responsibility for the deadly attack, warning of further bombings unless Hezbollah withdraws its fighters from Syria.
- Iranian official meets with Hezbollah Chief in Lebanon
- Nasrallah: Prisoner exchange with Israel soon; Israel's Chief Rabbi to meet Iranian officials to discuss missing pilot
- Hamas, Hezbollah slated to meet, may discuss Israel ceasefire
- Iran urges Lebanon to investigate Saudi man linked to Iranian embassy bomb in Beirut
- Nasrallah: Saudi Arabia intelligence behind Iranian embassy bombing