Nasrallah: Hizbullah can attack Israel from air
The chieftain of Hizbullah on Friday said that the Lebanese movement had drones that can carry explosives to strike targets deep inside Israel if the latter attacks Lebanon.
"I confirm what the Israeli chief of staff has said, the Mirsad (drone) can carry explosives of about 40 and 50 kilograms," Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah told a rally marking Jerusalem Day in Baalbek, eastern Lebanon.
"It does not have the capacity of only reaching Nahariya (in northern Israel), but deeper and deeper, against electricity and water facilities and military camps," he noted.
Nasrallah said "Israel monitors Lebanon from the air to attack it, and we can monitor bases, airports, settlements, installations and the infrastructure in northern Palestine in order to defend our state."
Nasrallah said Hizbullah's first flight over Israel earlier this week lasted 14 minutes.
"At first, we did not use Mirsad I for a military action, but to confront the (Israeli) violations (of Lebanon's airspace). But if our country faces aggression, we will use any means and capability that we have," he warned, according to AFP.
"We do not only have the capacity of confronting violations, but we also have the capacity to respond to any aerial aggression or any kind of action from the air," he added.
"We do not just have one plane, we have enough of them, and we have the capability of building as many planes as we need." (Albawaba.com)
- Nasrallah: Prisoner exchange negotiations with Israel in ''final stages'', Warns Israel from attacking Syria, Lebanon
- Nasrallah: Attack on Iran will lead to attacks on American bases
- Lebanon's Hizbullah operates first reconnaissance drone over northern Israeli settlements
- Nasrallah: Hizbullah to react on any Israeli violation of Lebanon sovereignty
- Nasrallah: Hizbullah rockets can hit Tel Aviv