Nasrallah says progress being made on prisoner swap with Israel
Progress was being made on an exchange of prisoners between Hizbullah and Israel, Lebanon-based Al Nour radio quoted the Lebanese movement leader, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, as saying Sunday.
"I assure you that the issue is making some progress and that we are working to solve it very soon," Nasrallah said at the inauguration of a hospital run by his resistance group in Hermel on Saturday.
Nasrallah did not provide further details, but said that mediations between Hezbollah and Israel had resumed.
Meanwhile, Israel's Itim news agency on Sunday quoted an Israeli source as saying that there had been some progress in German-mediated talks between Israel and Hizbullah on a prisoner swap, however no deal had been finalized. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hariri case update: Ex-Hariri probe official cleared of bribery
- Reports: Israel, Hizbullah getting closer for prisoner swap deal
- Hizbollah Chief Says Prisoner Swap Possible before Israel Votes
- Sneh Denies Lebanese Reports of Prisoner Swap with Hizbollah
- Nasrallah: New hope for prisoners deal with Israel