Negotiations on New Egyptian Satellite Channels Continue
The Egyptian government and potential investors are expected to continue discussions next week concerning satellite channel projects.
Al Alam al Youm reports that these contacts will determine the future of these projects, which were authorized to be launched at the 6th of October 6 city under the slogan: "free media city with special nature". Investors are still concerned with some governmental conditions that may damage the feasibility of these projects.
Goodnews group, a local company that owns several newspapers and magazines in Egypt, seems to be interested in this investment. The group, which includes 40 leading businesspeople, discussed privately the potential opportunities of the new TV channels. Dr. Ahmed al Bahjat, member of Goodnews board of directors, told Al Alam al Youm that despite these discussions a final decision would be made after the group receives some clarifications and amendments from the government.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt to Add new Satellite Channel
- Official: African States Failing to Try Egypt's Free Satellite Broadcasting Offer
- A majority of Satellite TV channels have a presence on the Internet: Yet a few have a clear online strategy for revenue generation.
- ''Star of the East'' Still Shining Bright
- Emirati Group Embarks on Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Egypt