Netanyahu: Do not sanction a Palestinian government that includes Hamas
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Sunday urged the international community not to sanction a Palestinian government that includes Hamas.
"I call on all responsible members of the international community not to race to recognize a Palestinian government that includes and relies on Hamas,” Netanyahu said before the start of the weekly governmental meeting in Jerusalem.
He explained that the unification of a newly formed Fatah and Hamas government, “will not strengthen peace” and “will strengthen terrorism.”
On Saturday Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said the new unity government would be announced on Monday. However, Hamas on Sunday, said that the differences with Fatah over the formation of a unity government have still not been resolved.
- Hamas, Fatah decide on cabinet ministers for joint government
- Weren't they doing that anyway? Israel Electric threatens to cut off electricity to Palestinians over $435 million dispute
- Hamas and Fatah prepare for new unity government
- Italian FM calls to recognize Hamas government
- Palestinian president calls for formation of new government