Netanyahu tells settlers to re-occupy contested West Bank spot
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told Jewish settlers to re-occupy a contested West Bank building.
According to Associated Press, Netanyahu made the order following the death of an Israeli soldier in the West Bank city of Hebron.
Netanyahu's office said in a statement seen by AP that he "ordered immediate action" for settlers to go into enter the house, which they briefly occupied last year.
According to settlers, they purchased the house from a Palestinian but they were evicted from the building by the military as they had no authorisation to live there, AP reported.
Netanyahu's office refused to elaborate further how the order would be implemented. Military spokesman Guy Inbar says the army is still investigating the settlers' claim of purchase.
Israel's military says it's still searching for the gunmen behind Sunday's killing of the soldier in Hebron, which has put the city under lockdown.