Netanyahu: No withdrawal from Golan Heights
Israel'sPrime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Sunday that "Israel will not withdraw from the Golan Heights." According to Israeli press reports, he spoke at his Likud party forum just before the weekly cabinet meeting.
On Friday, Netanyahu made similar the remarks in an interview with Russian-language newspapers, saying "remaining on the Golan will ensure Israel has a strategic advantage in cases of military conflict with Syria." Netanyahu added that he is now prepared to stand up to the US President Barack Obama to tell him that Israel would not give up on "matters that affect Israel's security". Netanyahu is expected to meet the American president next week.
- Israeli FM: No withdrawal from Golan Heights
- Austrian peacekeepers to withdraw from embattled Golan Heights
- Netanyahu's top policy adviser: Israel will keep at least part of the Golan
- Report: Turkish PM tells Assad Israel is ready for full withdrawal from occupied Golan Heights
- Netanyahu: Israel will never return the Golan Heights