new board of directors for gulf international bank
During an ordinary general assembly meeting held on 26th August 2009 in Bahrain, the shareholders of Gulf International Bank B.S.C. elected a new Board of Directors to serve for the next three years.
The new Board consists of the following:
1. Mr. Jammaz bin Abdullah Al-Suhaimi, former Chairman and Executive Director of the Capital Market Authority in Saudi Arabia.
2. Mr. Mansoor Al Maiman, Deputy Minister and Secretary General of the Public Investment Fund in Saudi Arabia.
3. Dr. Hamad Al-Bazai, Deputy Minister for Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
4. Dr. Abdullah Al-Abdul-Gader, Professor of Information Technology at the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals.
5. Mr. Sulaiman Al-Hamdan, Chief Executive Officer, National Air Services (NAS).
6. Mr. Abdulla M. Al-Zamil, Chief Operating Officer, Zamil Industrial Investment Company.
7. Mr. Khaled Al-Mudaifer, Vice President for Industrial Affairs, Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden).
Commenting on the election of the new Board of Directors, Mr. Al-Suhaimi said: “we highly appreciate the trust of the shareholders in the new Board, and I am looking forward to working with my fellow directors, who collectively have extensive experience in both the private and public sectors. I am confident that they will prove invaluable in strengthening the Bank’s franchise and ensuring continued success during these challenging times for international financial institutions”.
Gulf International Bank is a leading merchant bank in the Middle East with its principal focus on the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states.
The Bank is based in Bahrain and is owned (directly or indirectly) by the six GCC governments, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, and the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency.
In addition to its main subsidiary Gulf International Bank (UK) Ltd., the Bank has branches in London, New York, Riyadh and Jeddah, in addition to representative offices in Beirut and Abu Dhabi.
- Gulf Bank moving toward a new path after completing its recovery, The Bank elects Board of Directors
- Dr. Dwayne Banks Elected to Board of Directors of IACBE
- Board of Directors appointed for new Qatari Islamic investment bank
- King of Bahrain names new board for Bahrain Monetary Agency
- Commercial Bank International announces new Board of Directors