New Bridge Links Jordan with Palestine
A new bridge between Jordan and the West Bank has opened to facilitate travel between the two areas, according to BBC online.
The new King Hussein Bridge, which spans the River Jordan to link Jordan with the West Bank and Israel, has four lanes and was built by Japan's Sumitomo construction firm with a US$11.5 million grant from Japan.
According to the news service, the new bridge will replace the historic wooden bridge, which was first built in the early twentieth century and originally known as the Allenby Bridge. It was destroyed during the 1967 Arab-Israeli war, but rebuilt the same year – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- L&T lays final segment for Second Vivekananda Bridge over Hoogly
- Japanese bridge links Jordan to West Bank
- Jordan, Japan Launch Expansion Work on Bridge to Israel, West Bank
- First Consortium to Build Terrestrial Terabit Cable System to Bridge East and West
- July 23 is the deadline to apply for the Arab Business Plans Competition