New Iranian ambassador arrives in Saudi Kingdom
Newly appointed Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Hossein Sadeqi arrived in Riyadh Saturday to begin his diplomatic mission.
The Iranian charge d`affaires to Riyadh, staff of the Iranian embassy and officials of Iranian entities operating in Saudi Arabia welcomed the ambassador.
Sadeqi, referring to the history of bilateral relations, said the level of cooperation between the countries was good. He stressed the capabilities and potentials of Iran and Saudi Arabia and called for wider cooperation, <i>IRNA</i> reported.
Sadeqi was appointed to his new post by Foreign Minister Kamal
Kharrazi with the approval of President Mohammad Khatami.
He had previously served in the Foreign Ministry as director-
general for Persian Gulf affairs and as Iran`s ambassador to Kuwait
and the UAE.
- Saudi FM arrives in Tehran, says kingdom opposes U.S. strike on Iraq
- Iranian Foreign Minister: Relations with Saudi Kingdom growing
- In the wake of Saudi King Abdullah's passing, world leaders arrive in Riyadh to pay tribute
- Iran Names New Ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- German FM Arrives in Saudi Arabia for Talks