New Iranian president to swear in on Aug. 4
Iran's President-elect Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will swear in as new president of the Islamic Republic on August 4.
Addressing Majlis open session on Tuesday, Vice-Speaker Mohammad-Reza Bahonar said inauguration ceremony for Ahmadinejad, as the country's 9th president, will be held on August 4. According to the article 121 of the constitution, the president should swear in at the Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis) in the presence of judiciary chief and members of the Guardian Council.
Ahmadinejad swept to the presidential post with 17,248,782 votes while his rival and Expediency Council Chairman Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani gained 10,046,701 out of a total of 27,959,253 votes cast in the runoff election.
- Iran's president-elect to soon unveil stances on future cabinet
- Iranian Parliament Speaker: Khatami Swearing-in Scheduled for Tuesday
- Israel Swears In Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Installs New Government
- Iran's new president - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- Iran oil to hit 4.7 million bpd soon: petroleum minister