New Palestinian army radio station to compete with Hamas, Islamic Jihad broadcasts
A new Palestinian army radio station, Al Karama (Voice of Honor), began its first broadcasts on Wednesday and will reportedly serve as the voice of Palestinian Interior Ministry officials.
The new station, which will broadcast for 12 hours a day according to the Palestinian Interior Ministry, hopes to compete with several local Palestinian radio stations including religious stations affiliated with Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
Al Karama will be staffed only by Palestinian security officials, and headed by an the spokesman of the Palestinian interior ministry, Toufik Abu Husa.
“The station will be one of the sources of Palestinian public relations, especially when it comes to general Palestinian security, and the citizen’s interest.”
“There will be programs that will give a platform to Palestinian security people serving far from their homes, so that they can be in touch with their families and friends,” said Abu Husa.
- Palestinian teenager shot dead as Israel on high alert ahead of election
- Palestinian Interior Minster vows to end state of ”anarchy”
- Palestinian forces tour demolished Israeli settlements
- Palestinian killed as Hamas calls to stop ”blatant interferences” in election process
- Israel\'s Security Forces Demolish Four Palestinian Homes, Destroy Fields in Gaza