In Nigeria, Six-Year-Old Charged with Murder
A six-year-old boy in northern Nigeria has been charged with murder after allegedly throwing a four-month-old baby girl into a well, news reports said Friday.
The boy, whose name was not revealed, was given charge of the girl, named as Nana Fiddausi, earlier this month and asked to take her to her mother, police prosecutors told a magistrates court in Katsina on Thursday.
Instead, the boy threw the girl into a well, killing her almost instantly, police inspector Ali Abdul said, quoted in the newspaper This Day.
The boy was charged with murder and the man who gave him charge of the girl, named as Sahabi Adamu, was charged with negligence This Day said.
No pleadings were taken.
The case was adjourned to August 20.
Other details of the case were not immediately available -- LAGOS (AFP)
- Thai Monk Accused of Raping Young Girl in Latest Scandal to Hit Clergy
- Doctor: Clifford the Cannibal Unfit for Trial
- Three Saudis, Kuwaiti accused of raping and murdering a 6 year old
- Ex-U.S. soldier guilty of 2006 Iraq family massacre found dead in prison
- Germany on-Track in Anti-Extremist Fight Despite two Missteps