Nigerian defeats Tunisia in 23rd African Basketball Championship
The Nigerian basketball squad defeated Tunisia 78-65 on Thursday August 18 in the 23rd African Basketball Championship, which is currently in progress in Algiers. <i>La Presse</i> reports that in the first four minutes of the game, the score was already 17 - 0, which crashed the Tunisian team psychologically and determined the result of the game. After its victory over Tunisia, Nigeria is leading the table in Group A with 9 points followed by Algeria (9 points), Mali (8 points) and Tunisia (7 points).
- Smashing Victory of Senegal over Algeria at the 23rd African Basketball Championship
- Tunisia qualifies for African Basketball Championship for Women
- Tunisia second in Africa FIFA Rankings
- Tunisian club qualifies for the final of African Handball Championship
- Tunisian volleyball team qualifies for the World 2006 championship