Nine Die of Cold in Moscow
Nine people died of cold in Moscow last week, bringing to 69 the number of people killed by freezing temperatures here since mid-October, emergency services said Monday.
Last week, 151 people suffering from hypothermia were taken into hospital in the capital. Three others were hospitalized after they were hit by falling blocks of ice.
Dozens of homeless people fall victim to the cold in Moscow and throughout Russia each year -- MOSCOW (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 3M’s Cold Shrink technology still protecting, insulating, splicing and terminating 40 years on
- Moscow Cold Claims 78 Lives
- Moscow:Nine Russian Troops Killed in Chechnya on Sunday
- US seeks to redeploy troops from S. Korea to Iraq as Italian soldier dies in Nasiriyah
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night