No progress in PA-Israel talks on Hebron withdrawal; 10 Palestinians detained in West Bank
Israel's Foreign Minister Shimon Peres and Palestinian Authority Cabinet Minister Saeb Erekat met Wednesday night and discussed, among other things, a possible Israeli withdrawal from Hebron, a senior Palestinian official said Thursday.
It was the first minister-level meeting in more than a month. Erekat said that no progress was made, but that the two would meet again soon, Israeli Army Radio reported.
It added that the two had discussed a Hebron withdrawal and the transfer to the PA of NIS 2 billion shekels in customs duties impounded by Israel.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces detained 10 wanted Palestinians overnight. Nine of the suspects were arrested in the village of a-Tel, south of the West Bank city of Nablus.
The tenth Palestinian, a member of Hamas, was arrested near Ramallah. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli soldier wounded in Gaza Strip, 15 Palestinians arrested in Ramallah as Israel, PA set to hold security talks
- Palestinian killed near Ramallah hours before Israel, PA resume contacts; Abu Mazen says will not meet Sharon
- Israeli forces arrest five Palestinians in West Bank
- Palestinian shot dead in West Bank; Israeli forces raid Hebron
- Israel Arrests Five Palestinians, Including Two PA Intelligence Officers