Nokia empowers consumers in emerging markets to stay connected
Espoo, Finland – Nokia reinforced its preeminent position in emerging markets today with the launch of seven new products that provide functions and features specifically designed for consumers in these markets. The event, held in New Delhi, India underscores Nokia’s commitment to consumers in emerging markets.
“India is very important to Nokia and to the global mobile communications industry as a whole,” says Soren Petersen, Senior Vice President, Mobile Phones, Nokia. “One of the fastest growing markets in the world, India is also home to several Nokia facilities, including R&D and manufacturing. We’re very proud to be part of their growth.”
The new products announced today include:
• Nokia 1200 and Nokia 1208: Utilizing new industry-leading phone-sharing and call-tracking technology, these two new products are aimed at the first-time mobile phone consumer worldwide;
• Nokia 1650 and Nokia 2660: Contemporary phones that combine functionality with attractive design;
• Nokia 2505: The latest phone for entry CDMA markets in Asia/Pacific, Middle East, Africa, China and Latin America;
• Nokia 2630 and 2760: Fashionably-designed phones that convey style and status, combined with Nokia’s easy-to-use feature set.
“Innovative phone-sharing technology, contemporary design and easy-to-use features combine in these new products to empower consumers in entry markets,” said Petersen. “As the clear market leader, with more than one-third of global market share, Nokia works to understand the needs and aspirations of consumers. We put this understanding into practice by developing products and applications that are relevant, easy-to-use and simple to understand, which is especially important for first-time users in emerging markets around the world.”
The new products will be available in the second and third quarter of 2007 in select markets. Estimated retail prices, before applicable taxes and subsidies range from 35 to 90 EUR.
Nokia is the world leader in mobility, driving the transformation and growth of the converging Internet and communications industries. Nokia makes a wide range of mobile devices and provides people with experiences in music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games and business mobility through these devices. Nokia also provides equipment, solutions and services for communications networks.
- Nokia gives consumers greater choice with four new mobile phones
- Nokia accelerates the journey to mobile internet with the introduction of Asha Touch device range
- Nokia unveils four new devices and local email solution aimed at â€˜replacement buyersâ€™ in emerging markets
- Stay on the map with the Nokia 6210 Navigator