North Lebanon: One killed, six wounded in fresh clashes
Fresh clashes in Lebanon's northern port city of Tripoli have left one person ded and six others wounded, a security official said on Friday. The clashes started when soldiers opened fire after a vehicle refused to stop at an army roadblock in the Sunni neighborhood of Bab al-Tabbaneh early Friday, the official told AFP.
Four troops were injured during an exchange of gunfire between the gunmen and troops. One was reportedly in critical conditions.
Fourteen people have been killed and more than 100 injured since June in clashes between the two neighbourhoods.
- At least one Israeli soldier killed, six wounded during clash with Hizbullah fighters
- Lebanon: One dead, six wounded in blast
- Heavy fighting in north Lebanon leaves 3 dead
- Four Libyan soldiers killed, six injured in fresh Benghazi clashes
- Sectarian clashes in Tripoli, northern Lebanon kill two, injure six