Nusra claims responsibility for Damascus bombing
Jabhat al-Nusra on Tuesday claimed responsibility for suicide attacks on security compounds in the Syrian capital Damascus that left five people dead, the AP reported.
The al-Qaeda linked group posted a statement on on a militant website.
The statement said the group sent seven suicide bombers wearing Syrian military uniforms to break into a police station in northern Damascus and a security compound in a southern district of the capital.
Jabhat al-Nusra has emerged as one of the most effective military groups fighting against forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad.
- Lebanon's Nusra claims responsibility for southern Beirut bomb attack
- Syria: Al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front claim responsibility for deadly Homs car bombings
- Report: Al Qaeda claims Riyadh suicide bombing
- Nusra Front claims another suicide bombing in Beirut
- Lebanon: Al Nusra front behind Hermel suicide bomb