Official: Barak will Meet with Clinton if no Upsurge in Violence
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak will meet with US President Bill Clinton in the United States at the end of next week if there is no new upsurge of violence, an Israeli official said Saturday.
Barak is already scheduled to travel to Chicago next week to attend the annual convention of a Jewish-American group, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
However, the source said Barak's office has not yet received an official invitation from the White House.
Top Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said on Friday that Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat is prepared to meet with Clinton next week, but that Arafat and Barak would not meet face-to-face – JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arafat invited to meet Clinton in Washington on Thursday
- Barak-Clinton Summit on Middle East Peace to Move to Portugal
- Palestinian Prime Minister Rejects Violence in Meeting with American Jewish Leaders
- Barak Cancels Meeting with Clinton, amidst Escalating Violence
- Barak to Meet Clinton November 12 to Try to Get Peace Process Back on Track