Official figures log cumulative Cairo clashes dead at 54
Investigations have revealed that 54 people were killed, mostly by gunfire, in violent confrontations between supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsi and security forces by the Republican Guard’s headquarters in Cairo on Monday.
Four people died as a result of birdshot wounds, a prosecutor said, calling for quick investigations to reveal the identity of eight of the dead bodies.
Investigations showed that the victims were from various parts of the country including Cairo, Suez and Alexandria.
The prosecution sent a team to the hospitals where the wounded were kept to question them and hear their testimonies.
- Yemen: First clash between army and Republican Guard
- Yemen: Three wounded in clash between army, Republican Guard
- U.S. air strikes in Baghdad area target Republican Guard forces; Six Baath party members killed
- 74 died in Egypt weekend clashes - officials
- Yemen: At least 13 dead in Yemen attack, clashes