Officials, Experts to Meet in Fez on Challenges Facing Jerusalem
By Hussein Da’ssa
Albawba.com – Amman
Palestinian and Moroccan officials, Arab and foreign archeologists, historians and researchers will meet in Fez Monday at a three-day forum aimed at drawing up political, social and archeological projects to solve the problems facing Jerusalem and develop the Holy City’s old quarters, according to the Moroccan Ministry of Communication’s website.
The forum, organized jointly by Fez Municipal Council and Arab Archeologists Association, will be inaugurated by King Mohammad VI of Morocco under the title “Jerusalem Now, City and People: Continuing Challenges.”
The participants will discuss ways of standing up to the challenges imposed by the Israeli plans to Judaize Jerusalem and distort its Arab and Islamic identity and try to find solutions to the demographic problems and the danger of Israel expanding its settlements.
The United Nations Education, Science and Culture Organization (UNESCO) will also be represented at the forum.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Cleaning project in Fez continues
- Turkish Military Project Faces US Challenge
- International HR strategists convene in UAE to discuss challenges to sustainable growth
- Iraqi Foreign Minister: Islamic people face dangerous challenges
- International experts will meet in Riyadh to discuss alternative sources of finance at Euromoney Saudi Arabia 2011