OIC Foreign Ministers to convene in Tehran
Foreign ministers of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) are expected to meet in the Iranian capital of Tehran later this week to discuss a series of issues including Iraq and terrorism, an OIC source said Monday.
All 57 member states except Iraq are due to participate in the plenary conference between May 28-31 to "review and consult about the situation in Iraq", the source told AFP.
No invitation was sent to Baghdad because there is no legitimate authority running Iraq's affairs, he added, according to the agency. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran, Iraq Foreign Ministers meet in Khartoum
- Iran FM to boycott Amman conference on Iraq following King Abdullah comments
- Tehran rejects any future cooperation with U.S. regarding attack on Iraq
- Iraq's neighboring countries condemn ''terrorist'' attacks
- Foreign Minister: Iran prepared to help rebuild Iraq