Olympic flame to reach Cairo
As one of the 33 international cities selected to participate in the ATHENS 2004 Olympic Torch Relay, the Olympic flame – symbol of the approaching ATHENS 2004 Olympic Games - will reach Cairo next week. The first-ever worldwide torch relay will pass through Cairo and Giza on the 11 June 2004.
“Pass the Flame, Unite the World” is the theme of the Olympic torch relay that, for the first time in history, will travel to five continents, including every city that has hosted modern summer Olympic Games, as well as several additional cities.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharjah Torch Relay Committee announces the 15th Asian Games torch relay route
- Olympic Torchbearers selected to carry Olympic flame in Cairo
- DHL carries “Flame of Hope” for Law Enforcement Torch Run through Egypt on journey around the World to China for 2007 Special Olympics World Summer G
- Latifa lights the Athena's Olympic flame in Cairo
- The Youth Olympic Flame Arrives In Host City Singapore