Olympic Torchbearers selected to carry Olympic flame in Cairo
Olympic Torchbearers selected to carry the Olympic flame in Cairo as part of the ATHENS 2004 Olympic Torch Relay were announced recently in a joint ceremony conducted by the Cairo and Giza Governorates and presenting partners The Coca-Cola Company, Samsung and the official Olympic Torch Relay lodging supplier, Marriott Hotel.
The Olympic Torchbearers, representing the best in humanity, will have a place in history as part of the first-ever global Olympic torch relay. Olympic Torchbearers in Egypt were chosen from numerous nominations and will carry the flame through the streets on 11 June 2004.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharjah Torch Relay Committee announces the 15th Asian Games torch relay route
- Samsung Gulf Electronics reveals region’s olympic torchbearers
- Olympic flame to reach Cairo
- Samsung set to kick off on-site activation for London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay
- The Youth Olympic Flame Arrives In Host City Singapore