Oman Draws up Mega Tourism Strategy
A new mega tourism strategy is being drawn up in conjunction with several ministries and international companies to make Oman a prime tourist destination, the Gulf News reported Sunday, quoting Maqbool bin Ali Sultan, Minister of Commerce and Industry.
Tourism is a priority in the sixth five-year plan (2001-2005), and the private sector should make the best use of expanding government facilities to promote Oman, the minister was reported by the daily as saying.
He added "all we need to do is to harness and exploit our rich potential." -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Oman’s tourism industry focuses on GCC and India, views Arabian Travel Market as platform for promoting intra-regional tourism
- Oman’s tourism strategy looks to Boost mice & incentive travel
- Oman Ministry of Tourism strengthens strategy to ensure healthy tourist inflow
- Casablanca's strategy for promoting internal tourism
- Oman’s Ministry of Tourism prepares for influx of summer visitors to the city of Salalah