Oman Experts Study Cause of Fish Deaths
Oman marine experts have held an extensive workshop to stand on the cause of the death of millions of fish which washed up on Omani shores recently and admitted their quantities were the largest recorded to date, the Gulf News reported Monday.
The daily quoted Mohammed Araimi, a director at the ministry of regional municipalities and environment as saying that, "the phenomenon has happened in the past in Oman once or even twice year but not at this large scale."
Fish littered large stretches of beaches in Barka governorate, 50 kilometers northwest of Muscat the capital on the Gulf of Oman - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Experts to Study Humpback Whales in Oman
- Oman: Phenomenon of Dead Fish is Natural, Fish Resources are not Affected
- Expert at ICLDC underlines facts on fatty liver disease
- Road accidents remain a leading cause of death for Abu Dhabi’s children
- Research Study Reveals Major Impact of Heart Disease in the Middle East in 2006