Oman to Host Businesswomen's Forum
Leading Arab and foreign female entrepreneurs and senior corporate managers will meet in Muscat in late October to participate in a businesswomen's forum, reported the Gulf Times on Monday.
Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah will deliver the keynote address at the conference, which will take place under the banner "Overcoming the Commercial Challenges of the 21st Century."
The forum is hosted by the Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI) in association with Oman Center for Investment Promotions and Export Development (Ociped) and the Capital Market Authority.
Among the other 20 speakers will be Muriel Siebert, president of a prominent New York-based brokerage, and Maria Matsunaga, who designed I-mode, the mobile phone internet service provided by NTT DoCoMo, one of Japan's biggest companies.
"It promises to be a world-class conference which has a depth of speakers with powerful ideas and breadth of topics that will foster innovative business practices for women entrepreneurs," said Assilah Al Harthy, a leading Omani business woman and the sole female executive board member of OCCI.
The three-day event opening on October 21 is being sponsored by National Bank of Oman, Oman International Bank and Omantel.
Dubai-based IBC Gulf Conference is the promoter, said the paper – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- First MENA Businesswomen’s Network Forum hosted by Dubai Business Women Council opens today
- National Bank of Dubai hosts Arab businesswomen seminar
- UAE businesswomen to foster exports in China
- “Eye of Dubai Sponsors Women and Business Conference & Exhibition for Female Investors and Businesswomen”
- HP Promotes the Role of Businesswomen in developing the global economy at the 9th Global Businesswomen and Leaders Forum