Oman to Host Global Conference on Education
Oman’s ministry of higher education in co-operation with the UNESCO will host an international conference on higher education from 17th to 19th March, Oman Observer reported Sunday.
The conference entitled 'University of the 21st Century' will throw light on various challenges and opportunities in higher education, said the daily.
The ‘University of 21st Century’ conference is a follow-up to the World Conference on Higher Education, organized by UNESCO in October 1998, providing an international forum where challenges and opportunities facing higher education will be explored by academics, policy makers and others concerned with individual and social development.
According to the paper, the past three decades have seen the rapid development of an extensive higher education system in the Gulf region. Universities and colleges of the region have benefited from and contributed to the globalization of knowledge – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Oman to Host International Education Conference
- UFC organizes conference on Maghrebian universities
- International Strategic Forum on higher education in Cairo
- Dubai International Academic City Highlights Dubai’s Status as Education Hub at NAFSA 2010 in US
- El-Ghazala University hosts 17th edition of Education Conference