Oman Sets up Panel to Promote Environment Awareness
Oman’s parliament, or Majlis al Shura, has issued a decision to form a special committee for public awareness on environment, reported the official news agency (ONA) on Saturday.
The committee will be tasked with public awareness issues in various fields and ways of guiding citizens against negative phenomena and behavior and the best ways to safeguard the positive values and enforce them among the community.
The committee will also deal with environmental affairs and ways of protecting natural resources and preserving environment from pollution hazards to serve the economic and social development goals, added the agency – Albawaba.com
- One man on a mission: from the desert of Oman to the penguins of Antarctica
- Shell and KHDA emphasise on public private cooperation to promote environment sustainability and HSE standards in education sector
- In Oman: Committee set up to assess Environmental Damage
- Changes in MENA Tax laws promote better transparency: Ernst & Young
- The Coca-Cola Company make a child’s dream come true and support sustainability at KidZania