Oman - A Shining Example Among Developing Countries
Oman has transformed itself from a subsistence economy into a modern vibrant one with all of the amenities during the last 30 years, according to a group of experts.
The Times of Oman daily reports that the expert group of professors who recently complied the book "Oman: A Comprehensive Survey,'' said that under Sultan Qaboos's leadership, the sultanate stands as one of the great success stories in the developing world because the progress was based on a plan that factored in the country's resources and potentials. The modern society that has emerged in Oman after the three decades of development includes all necessary services such as modern transportation infrastructure, education, health, housing and other social services.
The experts involved with editing the book included eight lecturers from Cairo University, one lecturer from Sultan Qaboos University and Dr. Abdul Rahim Sabri, economic adviser of the Arab League.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gender gap? What gender gap? UAE female professionals shine at the Dubai Shopping Festival
- United Arab Emirates is the most competitive among the advanced Arab countries
- Omanoil applauds country’s greatest conservation practices in partnership with Oman Green Awards
- Lectures on snakes in Oman
- UAE’s managers can learn a lot from example set by children, according to a new study from Booz & Company