Oman to Spend $600m on Tourism Projects
The Omani government will spend around 600 million US dollars on tourism projects in the sixth five-year plan, reported Saudi Press Agency (SPA), quoting an official as saying.
He said that the plan also aims at attracting local and foreign private sector's investments in the tourism sector.
Oman has been working out a tourism strategy in cooperation with a foreign company to promote the sultanate as a tourism destination, said the official.
New tourism and travel offices will be opened in some European and Asian capitals.
According to SPA, there are 120 tourism facilities in the sultanate.
The hotel sector, which contributes one percent to the gross national product, is trying to raise its share to 3.5 percent, said the agency.
A total of 500,000 tourists visit Oman each year. Hotel revenues from foreign tourists last year totaled 40 million Omani Riyals, added the agency -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jobless Omanis to Surf Ministry Website for Vacancies
- Oman's $600m real estate dreams come true
- M.A. Kharafi Group to create integrated InterContinental hotel & leisure development in Damascus
- M.A. Kharafi Group to Create Integrated InterContinental Hotel & Leisure Development in Damascus
- Oman: Government spending in construction industry to jump 23%