One Iraqi killed, 11 wounded in two attacks
At least one Iraqi civil defence officer was killed and 11 people wounded in two separate attacks against paramilitary forces in Iraq, officers said.
In one incident, a member of the Iraqi Civil Defence Corps (ICDC) died and another was injured in an attack near Kirkuk, ICDC General Anwar Hamed Ameen said. According to him, unknown assailants fired rocket-propelled grenades at a checkpoint in the village of Al-Muradiyah, 83 kilometres south of Kirkuk at 6:30 am (0330 GMT), Ameen said, according to AFP.
Elsewhere, a roadside bomb exploded Thursday in a central Iraqi city in the "Sunni Triangle", injuring at least 11 people, police said. The bomb was placed on a road near a sports stadium in Baqouba, some 55 kilometers northeast of Baghdad, and exploded during the morning rush hour, Iraqi police Capt. Mohammed Saleh said. He said 11 Iraqi civilians were wounded. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Five Iraqis wounded in Baghdad attack as US soldier killed in rocket attack; At least nine Iraqis killed in Najaf, Kufa
- Attack on Polish military camp south of Baghdad: At least 11 Iraqis killed, more than 100 occupation soldiers wounded
- Baghdad: One Killed, 11 Wounded in US-British Air Raids
- Grenade Attack Wounds One in South Tehran
- 11 Iraqis killed in clashes near Fallujah as 15 die in bombing attacks in two other cities