One Israeli soldier killed, two wounded in West Bank shooting attack
One Israeli soldier was killed and two others lightly injured Sunday evening in a shooting attack on their vehicle near the West Bank city of Hebron.
The attack took place between the Palestinian villages of Tarkumiya and Idna, west of Hebron.
It came hours after Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon told his cabinet the Israeli Army had killed 13 Hamas and Tanzim activists in recent days who were planning to carry out attacks during this week's "Independence Day" holiday.
On the ground, two Israelis were lightly injured Sunday by a rocket that Palestinians fired at a Gaza Strip settlement, according to Israel Radio. Two homes were heavily damaged in the attack.
In the West Bank, Palestinian medics in Nablus city reported Sunday that a 13-years-old boy was shot and moderately wounded by Israeli forces in Al Shuhda square. He was admitted to Raphedia hospital.
Elsewhere, Israeli soldiers early Sunday arrested two Palestinians in Jenin.
In the Gaza Strip, Israeli forces early Sunday demolished three houses in the city of Rafah, WAFA reported. Witnesses said that Israeli bulldozers, backed by four tanks and armoured personnel carriers shot their way into al-Salaam neighbourhood and razed the three houses. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- West Bank: Two Israeli soldiers wounded in shooting attack
- West Bank: One Israeli policeman killed, three wounded in shooting attack
- West Bank: Two Palestinians killed, Israeli soldier wounded in Hebron
- Personnel Carrier Overturns in West Bank, Four Israeli Soldiers Injured
- One Israeli killed, two wounded in West Bank shooting attack