One Killed, 6 Injured in Pile-up in Bahrain
A Pakistani national was killed on Sunday and 6 others were seriously injured in one of the “worst pile-ups in Bahrain’s history,” reported the Gulf Daily.
The Bahrain-Saudi causeway was closed for more than two hours as emergency workers cleared the debris of at least 13 cars and lorries, said the paper.
The carnage is thought to have been caused by a chain-reaction after a single car broke down in fog, just over the apex of one of the causeway elevations on the Bahraini side, the paper added.
Traffic coming over the rise smashed into the first car, then more vehicles smashed into the wreckage, in heavy rush-hour flow, said sources – Albawaba.com
- Seven Int’l Consultants Vie for Qatar-Bahrain Causeway Contract
- Minister: Bahrain-Qatar Causeway Planned as Longest in the World
- Increase of 12 Percent in Bahrain’s Passenger Traffic
- Clashes reported in Bahrain during concert of ''provocative'' Lebanese singer
- Australian Killed in Scuffle with Bahraini Driver in Manama