One killed, three wounded in Saudi-Pakistani military training
Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif arrives in Riyadh. (AFP/File)
One soldier was killed and three others wounded Wednesday in a live-fire military exercise between Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, AFP reported.
Saudi state media said a "non-commissioned officer has died and three other officers have sustained injuries" during training in the southwest city of Baha, but didn't say which countries the soldiers were from.
The incident comes while Pakistan is still deciding whether to join the Saudi-led coalition's operation in Yemen, after Saudi Arabia had asked Pakistan to contribute planes and ground troops. The two countries have been allies for years but Pakistan has yet to support the airstrikes.
- Shiite factions clash in Najaf as one US soldier killed, three wounded in attacks
- Lebanese officer killed, three wounded during sports training maneuver
- Saudi, Pakistani troops conclude joint military exercises
- Egypt's train crash kills at least 19, 100 more wounded
- One Palestinian killed, three Israeli troops wounded in West Bank