One Man Reported Killed in Israeli Bombardment on Gaza Strip
By Izzat Ramini and AFP
Albawaba.com - Ramallah
One Palestinian was killed as a result of the fierce Israeli bombardment on the Gaza Strip on Monday, a Palestinian official told AFP.
The official gave no details about the victim, other than to say he was hit in the town of Khan Yunis, one of several areas in the Gaza Strip that came under attack in retaliation for the killing of two Jewish settlers in an attack on a school bus earlier Monday, said AFP.
The official also said another 120 people had gone to hospital for treatment after the bombardment, that lasted some two hours and targeted Palestinian security buildings in several parts of the Gaza Strip.
Five are in a serious condition, said the agency.
Meanwhile, Palestinian sources said that 200 other Palestinians suffered from psychological shock because of the unprecedented raids. However, the sources told Albawaba.com that due to the power being cut off, authorities had a difficult time searching for more victims of the raids, which targeted large areas of the Gaza Strip.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Maria Aman, a Disabled Palestinian Infant versus the State of Israel
- One year later, Amnesty International details carnage of Gaza's 'Black Friday'
- Palestinian civilians including children killed and wounded in Israeli raids
- Overnight Israeli air strikes kill three in Gaza, death toll hits 1,916
- Israel kills over 150 Gaza civilians as it searches for missing soldier