One Palestinian killed, 16 injured in southern Gaza Strip
Israeli troops killed one Palestinian and injured 16 in an operation Tuesday in the southern Gaza Strip, according to the army and Palestinian officials.
The Israeli army said the soldiers faced machine gun fire from two armed Palestinians who approached a military checkpoint near Rafah, along the border with Egypt. According to AP, the army said it hit one Palestinian, and reported anti-tank fire by Palestinians as it searched for the other.
Ali Musa, a doctor at Rafah Hospital, said a 20-year-old Palestinian was killed after being shot in the head. Sixteen others were wounded, three of them seriously, he added. Palestinian witnesses said that the Israelis fired
machine guns mounted on tanks.
The army fired on Palestinian ambulances as rescue workers evacuated the injured, according to Musa.
Palestinian security forces said Israeli forces also destroyed a house and tunnel in Rafah. (Albawaba.com)
- Three Palestinians Injured as Israeli Tanks Shell Rafah Area in Gaza Strip
- Southern Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills Palestinian boy, wounds 14 others
- Palestinian woman shot dead in Rafah
- At least eight Palestinians killed, 40 injured by Israeli fire in southern Gaza Strip
- Hamas Member, Four Palestinian Policemen Killed by Israeli Troops in West Bank, Gaza Strip