One Palestinian Killed in the West Bank, Another Dies of Injuries
A Palestinian man was killed by Israeli troops in the northern West Bank town of Nablus on Monday, hospital officials said, although the circumstances of his death were not immediately clear, reported AFP.
Hospital officials said 22-year-old Anwar Mahmoud Hamran had been shot several times in the upper body near an army post in the eastern part of the city. There were no reports of any clashes in the area, the agency added.
Earlier, a Palestinian boy, who was wounded on Friday by Israeli gunfire in the flashpoint West Bank town of Hebron has died, Palestinian police said.
Ahmed Kawasmeh, 14, was hit while he was watching clashes between Israeli troops and Palestinian demonstrators from the door of his home, police said, adding that he would be buried Monday.
His death brings to 320 the number of people killed in more than 10 weeks of Israeli-Palestinian violence, most of them Arabs -- (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Troops Kill Islamic Jihad Militant in West Bank
- Death Toll Rises to 49 in Palestinian-Israeli Clashes
- A Palestinian Dies from Saturday Violence, More than 70 Injured by Midday Sunday
- Death Toll Rises to Nine Palestinians in Clashes with Israeli Troops on Friday
- Palestinian Boy Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Strip Clashes