One policeman, four Saudi suspects killed in clash
One policeman, four wanted Saudis were killed in a shootout between the Saudi security forces and an armed group in Buraidah Region Thursday, an official of the Saudi Ministry of Interior announced. In addition, one Saudi and two policemen were wounded in the clash.
The announcement said "At 2.30 pm on Thursday 20 May 2004, a security forces patrol, detecting five of the suspects who belong to the deviant group, noted that they were taking refuge in a rest house in Khudairah, a village of Buraidah Region. Realizing that they have been encompassed by the security forces, the suspects started firing heavily from their machine guns towards the security task force which responded accordingly".
Weapons and ammunition were found, the announcement aded. Buraidah is located north of Riyadh. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Four '\'terror suspects'\', Saudi security official killed in shootout
- Clash in southern Saudi Arabia: One policeman, three armed men killed
- Saudi suspect, policeman killed in Riyadh shootout
- At least one Saudi policeman killed in clashes with gunmen
- Saudi Arabia: One suspect killed, another wounded in Jeddah clash