Opposition Calls for Protecting Egyptian-Sudanese Relations
Leader of the opposition Sudanese Ummah party Sadeq Mahdi has called for strengthening the special relations between Egypt and Sudan, reported ArabicNews.com.
Mahdi added that the current phase requires a new sort of relations between the two countries on the grounds of understanding and participation.
He continued that new changes have taken place, and that they require a new policy to be pursued by the countries of the Nile basin.
Mahdi noted that protecting the national security of the two countries requires a joint agreement to be honored by all sides, said the agency - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Mahdi: Egyptian-Libyan Plan Best Option to Restore Sudan Peace
- Mahdi: Ummah Party will not Join Government unless Democracy is Ensured
- Mahdi Calls on Egypt, Libya to Support Self-Determination for Southern Sudanese
- Sudan's Turabi, Mahdi in Qatar for Talks
- Sudanese President Urges Opposition Umma Party to Join New Government