Oracle To Deliver Enhanced Functionality with New Release of Oracle® Identity Management
Oracle announced Oracle® Identity Management 10g Release 3, which will include enhanced provisioning functionality that enables organizations to implement sustainable compliance policies and controls, thereby helping reduce costs, lower corporate risk and improve enterprise-wide visibility of compliance controls. The release will also deliver updated features, expanded hot-pluggable and manageability capabilities and tighter integration across the entire family of Oracle identity and access management products.
“As the region continues to develop the number of companies operating out of Dubai on a global scale will also increase, and it is important for these businesses to ensure that they are prepared for compliancy regulations” commented Ayman Abouseif, Managing Director, Oracle Gulf States. “The products being announced today include a number of features including enabling organizations to capture users’ current and historical privileges, automatically generate periodic-certification of a defined identity-related dataset and execute corrective actions to help meet compliance demands.”
Automated process controls enabled by Oracle Identity Provisioning will help customers conduct faster audits, lower compliance costs and increase an enterprise’s ability to successfully complete audits. These enhancements, coupled with the product’s best-in-class identity provisioning capabilities will make Oracle Identity Provisioning an ideal investment for enterprises looking to improve security while increasing agility and reducing costs.
“Oracle’s speed of execution at integrating its identity management acquisitions and introducing major new features is impressive,” said Sally Hudson, Security Research Manager, IDC. “Customers will benefit from much needed compliance automation capabilities as well as improved support for third party platforms.”
Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 Component Enhancements
Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 is the first release following Oracle’s acquisitions of OctetString and Thor Technologies. Along with the audit and compliance features of Oracle Identity Provisioning, the release will feature updates to each component of the Oracle Identity Management Suite, including enhanced internationalization and localization support for 28 languages. Other key updates include:
• Access and Identity Management – advanced password management capabilities, seamless integration with Oracle Identity Provisioning, enhanced integration with the Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, JD Edwards and SAP applications;
• Virtual Directory – updated audit and reporting features, scenario wizards for increased ease of use with Oracle Identity management components, IBM Tivoli and Microsoft Active Directory;
• Identity Federation – support for SAML 2.0 (including the X.509 Attribute Sharing Profile), 1.0, 1.1; Liberty ID-FF 1.1, 1.2; and WS-Federation specifications; and a new bulk federation utility facilitating account linking;
• Internet Directory – flexible replication topologies, updateable fan out replication, improved performance and scalability, enhanced support for very large user populations and a new Java plug-in framework for improved server extensibility; and
• Ease of Use and Manageability – comprehensive integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g providing a single management console through which organizations can centrally administer and monitor components of the new release for better service levels and reduced management costs including software lifecycle and configuration management.
“Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 will help organizations of all sizes and geographies derive added business value from their IT investments,” said Oracle Senior Vice President of Server Technologies Thomas Kurian. “The enhancements in this release will provide customers a feature-rich identity platform that can be deployed in heterogeneous environments to automate attestation and reporting requirements across various industries.”
Enhanced Hot-Pluggability and Integration
With this release, Oracle is set to further extend its commitment to heterogeneity through support of Oracle and non-Oracle enterprise software. The new release will include updated integrations for BEA WebLogic 9.0, IBM WebSphere 6.0, SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 and advanced integration with Microsoft Active Directory, Novell eDirectory and OpenLDAP. Additionally, components of Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 are certified for use with Oracle’s JD Edwards and PeopleSoft Enterprise applications and connectors are available for Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle’s Siebel applications.
Delivering on the next phase of its roadmap to providing a tightly-integrated offering, Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 will boast enhanced integration and support across the product family’s components. For example, Oracle Access and Identity is now certified to provide single sign-on services to Oracle Identity Provisioning; Oracle Virtual Directory is certified with Oracle Internet Directory and Oracle Access and Identity; and Oracle Identity Provisioning is certified on Oracle Application Server 10g.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s largest enterprise software company. For more information about Oracle, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
# # #
Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, and Siebel are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The above is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle.
- Oracle delivers Oracle’s Primavera Portfolio Management 9
- Oracle Cements Roadmap for Regional JD Edwards Customers
- Oracle Unveils Oracle® VM - Faster, Cheaper and Scalable Server Virtualization; Fully Supported for Deploying
- Oracle® Identity Management Spurs Global Adoption
- BEA completes acquisition of Plumtree Software to provide a multi-platform portal