Outgoing Saudi security head says transfer not linked to attacks
Outgoing Saudi security head General Asaad al-Fraih said Saturday his transfer was not related to the May 12 triple suicide bombings in the Saudi capital of Riyadh that left 35 people dead.
"I know that this is totally untrue," Fraih told Okaz newspaper when asked if he was replaced because of the "security circumstances" in the wake of the attacks.
Fraih added he had exceeded the time limit as chief of the national security department. (Albawaba.com)
- At least 10 people killed in clashes between Saudi police and ''terrorists''
- Additional bombing suspects arrested in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi security authorities search for more ''terrorists''
- Saudi Interior Minister: Mecca militants are Al Qaeda members
- Sudanese '\'inadvertently'\' killed by Saudi security forces